What is an Injection?
An Injection refers to the administration of a medication, vaccine or other therapeutic agent into the body using a needle and syringe. Please note: A doctor’s prescription is required for injections at home. Things to be included in the prescription include: the type of medication, dosage, frequency, and route of administration.
There are 2 Types of Injections
- Subcutaneous (SC) Injection
- An SC injection is a means of administering medication just beneath the skin layer.
- Common reasons for SC Injections
- If the medication requires longer-lasting action, as the medication is absorbed more slowly by SC compared to being injected into a vein
- If the volume of medication administered is small
- If the medication needs to be administered quickly (such as in a case of using an anti-allergy jab to treat allergic reactions)
- If the medication cannot be administered orally
- Common sites for SC Injections
- Intramuscular (IM) Injection
- An IM injection is a means of administering medication into the muscle tissue. The muscle tissue has a greater supply of blood, and this is useful for a number of reasons.
- Common reasons for IM Injections
- If the medication requires faster absorption
- If a larger volume of medication is to be administered
- Common sites for IM Injections
Our experienced, certified, and trained nurses will be deployed in the shortest time possible to provide IV Therapy at home with the utmost care and professionalism.
How can we help you?
- Nursing Support
– Locally licensed, experienced nurses who are competent in providing injections at home
- Medical Doctor
– Consultation via house call visit or tele-medicine to prescribe the medications or to review the prescription (if needed)
– Dispensing of the necessary medications
- Caregiver Training
– How to self-administer (if applicable)
– Escalation plans
- Care Coordination
– Regular updates to physician in charge if required
– Call support whenever needed
Please contact us at 6717 3737 or register online so that we can assist you.
Why do nursing procedures at home?
Save on hospital visits
Avoid long waits and reduce the risk of infections in the hospital
Comfort and privacy
Nursing procedures can be done in the comfort of your home with the same level of professionalism as in the hospital
Faster response time
We are able to get a nurse to you in as quickly as 2 hours (urgent charges may apply)
Lower overall cost
No hefty ambulance and A&E fees
by licensed professional nurses
$92 per Procedure*
*Prices vary based on number of hours requested. Additional charges apply during weekends, public holidays and for urgent service requests to be rendered within 2 hours. Prices are before prevailing GST charges and cost of consumables.
"It is a service I highly recommend to others"
“All we wanted was for the best medical attention for our mother, and her complete recovery. The most important factor in decision-making for us was the experience of nurses to handle the illnesses of the patient and their age. The nurses at Jaga-Me are kind and caring. It is a service I highly recommend to others in the same situation”
Care professionals we would entrust our own loved ones with
Communication is just as important as technical competence. Hence we only select Singapore Citizens or PR for our platform.
A valid Singapore Nursing Board (SNB) and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certificate for nurses is a must.
We have a stringent selection process. On top of background checks to ensure safety, we make sure they have the right attitudes and work ethics.
All nurses have minimum 3 years of acute ward experience, and all care aides are trained and certified in caregiving.
We provide our JagaPros with training and upgrading workshops to empower them to provide better care.
Our Care Services
Hourly Caregiving Service
Get quality healthcare for your loved ones in the comfort of their homes with Jaga-Me’s caregiving service.
IDC Catheter Change
Intravenous (IV) Infusion Therapy
Home Blood Tests and Phlebotomy
Nasogastric (NG) Tube Change
Home Nursing Procedures
Get procedures done at home. Save time, money, effort, and eliminate risks of hospital infections.
Help your loved ones recover more comfortably by getting our nurses to assess and improve your current home care plan.
If you cannot personally bring your loved ones to their medical appointments, fret not with our medical escort service.
House Call Doctor in Singapore
We work with house call doctors to ensure that your home care needs are met, no matter the level of care required. Our doctors are just a call away and will arrive at your doorstep, wherever you are located, as soon as possible.